The Grill at Duxton Hotel

 Sumptuous Sandwich selection: Ham, Brie and baby spinach 
    Smoked Salmon, Goats cheese, Basil and cherry tomato



Feeling slightly pekish as the waiter in his suit serves us the three-tiered indulgence, I could not wait any longer. Undecisive on where to start, I had a quick scan of the High Tea Menu.  I quickly grabbed the smoked salmon on the bottom tier for the sandwich starter. My plan was to eat my way up and yes! I'm going for gold. After the first bite I thought Duxton hotel had lived up to its name. It sure is one of the best places for High Tea's in Perth. For $28 per person you get a selection of sweet and savoury delectables to share and a bottomless pot of tea. Indeed, I agree it is a "Luxury High Tea fit for a Queen".

Strawberry Tartlet with Custard

Tier two was the sweets, and this is where I lingered the longest. Not because I ate too slow, but the deserts were too good not to savour slowly.  My favourites were the strawberry tartlet and the chocolate custard. It is definitely one of the best tartlets I have ever tried. The pastry was light and airy, and the custard was as smooth as silk. I was in heaven.

Savoury Scones and Banana-flavoured muffins

After minutes of chats, laughter and High Tea appreciation I was ready for the last stop. The scones were still warm and soft. It  was definitely a good ending to a two hour food marathon. Love the High Tea in Duxton, the service is impeccable and the surrounds are very classy. Ladies this is a must-try if you would like to have afternoon of High Tea delight!
                                          
Three-tiered High Tea Indulgence


The Grill at Duxton Hotel
1 Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000

Telephone: 9261-8000
View Map: View Map
Cuisine Type: European
Capacity: 100 seats
Website: The Grill
High Tea Menu: Open new page
Average Price: Standard High Tea $28.00 per person
                       Sparkling High Tea $38.00 per person
Payment: EFTPos, Cash

Perthylicious Score Card



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails